Saturday, April 10, 2010

Entry 8 - reading day 6

Genesis 23

Dear Reader,

Nothing much happened in chapter 23. It was nice break from all the goings on of earlier chapters. Sarah died and that was sad. That event really humanized Abraham to me. I've been in the situation of mourning too many times.

I just had an incite. God asked Abraham to sacrifice Issac and people (understandably) horrified, but in the end Issac was spared. When God sacrificed Jesus (his own son) no universal force spared him. I think this is an example of not asking some to do something you yourself wouldn't endure. I try to do the same thing with my employees. I expect them to be no tougher or more enduring than I. I happy to report that God operates on the same fairness principals.

1 comment:

  1. Why did god feel it necessary to sacrifice his son to change the rules he set forth?

    Also, jesus knew he was going to heaven. Jesus had a bad weekend for your sins.

    ReplyDelete